Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Coro Center For Civic Leadership
26 S 27th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Renaissance 3 Architects, LLC
48 South 14th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- Historic Restoration
- 100 years old multi-story building
- Pilot Project for LEED CI
- Design Build Project
- 2004 MBA Builders Excellence Award Winner – Design-Build Award
- 2004 Historic Preservation Award
CORO Center for Civic Leadership
Completing a project with multi-faceted requirements was a unique and difficult challenge. The project consisted of three major challenges that had to be overcome to provide a successful project.
- Completing the interior renovations in a historic 100 year old multi-story building.
- Approaching this project on a design build basis with tight financial constraints.
- Being the pilot project for the LEED CI Program. The CI stands for Commercial Interiors and it was the first project in the Eastern Region undertaken under this format. The project achieved a LEEDS’ Gold rating.
The design build aspect of the project was unique in that Jendoco Construction Corporation was representing both the client’s needs in the design of the project, as well as meeting the landlord’s requirements for financial feasibility. The project began as a 5,000 square foot interior renovation and ended up, due to the successful team approach, as an 11,000 square foot project.
As this was a design build contract, Jendoco and their design professionals were involved at the very start of the project. What was unique about this as a design build project, is that Jendoco, once selected as the builder, joined with the Client as well as the landlord, to participate in an interview process to select the design professionals. This selection process satisfied the Client’s desire, as well as Jendoco’s to build a team from the very onset of the project.
2004 MBA Builders Excellence Award Winner – Design-Build Award
2004 Historic Preservation Award